C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front bumper removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 09:00 PM
tompugh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front bumper removal

Whats the process for taking off the front bumper? I can see the two front bolts but not the ends. Is it just 4 bolts? Do I need to remove the front grills before taking it off? Thanks, Tom
Old 05-08-2004, 10:16 PM
killervette666
Drifting

Default Re: Front bumper removal (tompugh)

Whats the process for taking off the front bumper? I can see the two front bolts but not the ends. Is it just 4 bolts? Do I need to remove the front grills before taking it off? Thanks, Tom
Do you want to take off the whole bumper assembly? including the honey comb, and metal supports? cause then youll have to unbolt a LOT of bolts. When i was taking it off after an accident i had a REALLY hard doing it, even with all of the fiberglass front end off(except for the bumper cover), if you wish to take off the whole bumper assembly id suggest taking off the front end and hood, i dont know how you could it with the front end on, also a LOT of the bolts are rusted in place, or youll find that you can't get them out using a wrench, so be prepared to use a cutting wheel quite a few times, we had to cut off about 3-5 bolts. Hope this helps you out, and keep us updated. :thumbs:
Old 05-09-2004, 01:13 PM
tompugh
Burning Brakes

Sorry, I should have said before mine is a 1969. So this should not be that difficult. Thanks for your response. Tom
Old 05-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Tom, it has been a while since I have taken mine off but as I remember there was 2 bolts in the center and one on each corner.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:38 PM
corvettecris
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Front bumper removal (Eddie 70)

I just took mine off a few weeks ago, and it is two in the center, and two on the corners.

Get notified of new replies

To Front bumper removal

Quick Reply: Front bumper removal