C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The WORST Customer Service Ever BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 10:31 PM
vette75406
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The WORST Customer Service Ever BEWARE

Just want to let every body know about my ordeal with vette parts online , it took 16 days to get calipers from them after I sent in my cores , they overcharged me 20.00 more than the price on there website , they never did email me with a tracking number on the supposed lost first package after more than a half dozen requests, more than a dozen phone calls only 4 ever answered only one ever returned which I was not home for.After one of the answered phone calls I was promised they would be air freighted to me and a tracking number emailed . They were not and no email. They were shipped out ground and I only got a tracking number for them after I called yet again.To top it off once I did get them today , one of the dust boots is not seated completely and is bent , easy to do, I've done it my self even using the correct gm/ kent-moore boot installer, but should not happen at a pro shop, poor quality control, just my .02, but won't happen again :mad
Old 05-06-2004, 10:37 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: The WORST Customer Service Ever BEWARE (vette75406)

Never heard of them. Might want to stay away from those you have little to no recommendations on.....
Old 05-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Wrencher
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Never heard of them. I got my SS sleaved calipers from NAPA. Ordered 'em one day, had 'em the next. Work great.

Hans

[Modified by Wrencher, 8:08 PM 5/6/2004]
Old 05-06-2004, 11:52 PM
vette75406
Instructor

they changed there name from florida caliper manufacturer,inc to vette parts online awhile back but dont know why , they are in delray beach florida
Old 05-07-2004, 12:12 AM
VETDRMS
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a set of thier "Caliper 2000" calipers and have been very happy with them. I believe the person I dealt with, the owner, was polite and answered my questions. I mailed my cores prior to them shipping the new ones and they rebuilt my original calipers and sent them back to me. They have been working great since.

Sorry to hear you had some problems,

:cheers:
Old 05-07-2004, 02:27 AM
stickboy
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they changed there name from florida caliper manufacturer,inc to vette parts online awhile back but dont know why , they are in delray beach florida
:skep: :skep: This sounds like the place that pops up here every now and again. They seem to change there name every year or so and I hear horrible stories about them. Can't remember what the name was, but I know they were in florida.
Old 05-07-2004, 05:37 AM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: The WORST Customer Service Ever BEWARE (stickboy)

These people are professional crooks. They have been getting away with selling junk, mis-representing the work they do, not sending the product, double billing, lying and cheating the customer ot of money for years under several names. Don't buy anything from "DelRay beach" Florida. :U
Old 05-07-2004, 07:38 AM
WarBound
Intermediate

Default Re: The WORST Customer Service Ever BEWARE (bluevetteman)

Wow. I never dealt with them. I did call them about a month ago to inquire about caliper 2000. I was very impressed. The person on the phone was super patient and left me with a very confortable feeling after. I figured I would buy the cal 2000's come this winter to do the brakes.

Goes to show you that a phone call can be misleading or maybe they are ok and a new employee ended up dealing with orders and messed em up. I don't know but honestly, my phone call I was sooooo impressed by them. :confused:
Old 05-07-2004, 08:36 AM
SpyderD
Pro

I don't know about this company but I would stay away from any company that has recently changed it's name, especially if they are known to change their name frequently. It says "My former company became bankrupt and I am opening a new business with a new name in my (fill in the blank, whatever hasn't been used yet) wife/sons/cousins name so I don't have to pay creditors and refund customers and then start over yet again".
Old 05-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Van Steel
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Re: The WORST Customer Service Ever BEWARE (SpyderD)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll tell you why. It's b/c of instances like this. The guy keeps screwing people over and over again. Changed the name like it was a new business so people would think the old one went out of business.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:40 AM
VETDRMS
Melting Slicks

Default Re: The WORST Customer Service Ever BEWARE (Van Steel)

My bad, I take back what I said before as it was NOT corvette parts online that I bought my caliper 2000 calipers from.
I remember researching it and found lots of bad stuff about florida and vette parts online. The name of the company I got mine from was Precision Engineering out of Wellington FL: http://www.fixvetteparts.com/
Frank is the owner and was helpful and great to deal with, they rebuilt my calipers with their zero-tolerance type pistons and they have been working great. At $65/caliper, its a great deal.

Sorry about that, didn't mean to endorse such a company!

:cheers:
Old 05-07-2004, 10:20 PM
neverendingproject
Pro

Default Re: The WORST Customer Service Ever BEWARE (VETDRMS)

i recently rebuilt my brake system. i e-mailed vette parts online, but got no reply. knew right then to stay away from them. if they won't reply to make a sale, they sure as hell won't if theres a problem.
i ended up going with precision engineering. frank was very easy to deal with. had my parts in two days.

b.t.w. precision also sells stainless o-ring pistons. i went with these over aluminum to reduce brake fade, although they are heavier.

Get notified of new replies

To The WORST Customer Service Ever BEWARE

Quick Reply: The WORST Customer Service Ever BEWARE