C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instructions for adjusting a adj. vacuum advance from Moroso.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 10:22 PM
Garson
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instructions for adjusting a adj. vacuum advance from Moroso.

I have an adjustable vacuum advance from Moroso in my 74 L-82. Does anyone have instructions on how to adjust this unit? I lost mine...

Garson
Old 05-07-2004, 03:41 AM
1979toy
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Instructions for adjusting a adj. vacuum advance from Moroso. (Garson)

I have the same sort of problem due to buying an Accel that the shop had lost the box for while it was on display so we'll bump this to the top.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:10 PM
SLine78
Racer

Default Re: Instructions for adjusting a adj. vacuum advance from Moroso. (Garson)

There are two adjustments on the adj. vacuum advance units. The first is the overall amount of advance the unit provides. If you have your iniial plus mechnical advance set to 36 degrees then you will want the adjustable vacuum advance unit to provide an additional 16 degrees giving you about 52 degrees total. The amount of advance the it provides is usually set with a cam that mounts inside the distributor and limits the movement of the vacuum advance unit.

The second adjustment is when the advance starts to kick in. This adjustment is made by inserting the proper size hex wrench into the vacuum port on the unit and turning it clockwise or counterclosewise as needed.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Instructions for adjusting a adj. vacuum advance from Moroso.

Quick Reply: Instructions for adjusting a adj. vacuum advance from Moroso.