C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'94 lt1 into '76 . a/c concerns

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 02:16 AM
WRAITH666
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '94 lt1 into '76 . a/c concerns

Has anyone successfully done this conversion ? Were you able to use the exisiting a/c components , hoses, etc ? If not, how and what did you use ? Did you convert the old system to the new coolant ( instead of the old freon I meant) ? Any and all help greatly appreciated, as I totally forogt about the a/c !! :rolleyes: :mad ;)
Old 05-06-2004, 12:57 PM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: '94 lt1 into '76 . a/c concerns (WRAITH666)

Haven't done this myself, but you would almost have to use Corvette LT1 accessories. B-body is low on the pass side and I think would have frame interference. Conversion to R134 is no problem, just clean out the old system and replace the dryer. personally, I would stay with R12 though. Hoses are no big deal. I figured out what I wanted and had some made at CarQuest. The compressor end fits GM compressors fron the 60s to almost present, and is available in several variaties of bends/straight. The other fittings are easy to figure out. If you had a belt setup that put the compressor high on the pass side, the stock manifold hose might work.

Quick Reply: '94 lt1 into '76 . a/c concerns