C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Energy Suspension Tranny mount causing fan to hit the shroud.

Old 05-06-2004, 01:31 AM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Energy Suspension Tranny mount causing fan to hit the shroud.

Has anyone had this problem? The ES mount has a shim plate under it that seems to serve as compression point to stiffen up the polyurethane, at least I think that's what it's for. You can kind of see it in this picture.

In any case, has anyone else experienced this. I think I'm going to switch back to a stock mount, as I think this is causing my fan to hit the shroud. The instructions that came with the mount said not to use it without the shim plate.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:45 AM
i885744
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Energy Suspension Tranny mount causing fan to hit the shroud. (Steve Straus)

i think you've got the wrong mount. My mount lookes similar to that, but came with and made no mention of a shim plate. There is a normal plate to bolt the tranny to the mount, and there is a steel section fused into the urethane to bolt it down to the crossmember. The instructions say nothing about a shim, and it fit my engine and trans perfectly. I got it at summit, part # ENS-3-1108R.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:54 AM
RC81
Pro

Received 163 Likes on 92 Posts

Default Re: Energy Suspension Tranny mount causing fan to hit the shroud. (i885744)

Steve - I had the same concern as you. The instructions say to use the shim but it seems to raise the tranny too high. I believe it is a universal mount and not Corvette specific. I didnt use mine after fitting it and went back to stock.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:21 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Energy Suspension Tranny mount causing fan to hit the shroud. (RC81)

I've had problems with the shifter mechanism not working properly and actually binding up because of the energy suspension mount.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:22 AM
James
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Energy Suspension Tranny mount causing fan to hit the shroud. (Twin_Turbo)

I'm using an Energy Suspension tranny mount in my 69 BB and don't seem to be having any troubles with my shifter or anything but I do not have a factory fan and shroud installed. I saved my factory mount and compared it to the Energy Suspension mount when I got it and they were almost identical in hieght configuration for the most part. I can't remember if it had a shim plate though. I know the Enengry Suspension motor mounts that I'm running have a shim plate on the back of them and I remember them saying they have to be installed for proper functionality.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Energy Suspension Tranny mount causing fan to hit the shroud. (Steve Straus)

I replaced the ES mount with a stock one. The ES mount was about .25" taller than the stock. Everything is fine now.

I double checked, the ES mount that's listed for the Vette is the one that I have.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 387 Likes on 235 Posts

I have the same mount, no problems here. :confused:

Get notified of new replies

To Energy Suspension Tranny mount causing fan to hit the shroud.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Energy Suspension Tranny mount causing fan to hit the shroud.