C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello and Question 1: Frame

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 10:27 PM
Slick McFavorite
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello and Question 1: Frame

Hello everyone, this is my first post and, from what I've read, I have no doubt that my questions can be answered here. I've read a lot here and I'm excited to finally be a part. :rant:

:beatdeadhorse:

1978 Black No big Mods but it does have a Viper Alarm, Bilstein Shocks, R-134 Compressor, Auto-locks engaged by the Alarm. 80's C3 Rear End. Hood and Wheel Hub Louvers.

I'm going to kick it off with a frame question. My lower A-frame (passenger side) is parting ways with the rest of the car. I've just dropped the transmission and the engine is up next week. Once these both go I'm going to get the car towed to a frame shop. I'm thinking of taking it to someone who will treat it seriously and check the rest of the frame for weakoning spots. BTW I'm in the Ft. Worth, TX area. What advice does anybody have for getting a frame fix-up done right, and any legal strength I have that makes sure the shop gets it done right the first time and I never have to do this much work at once again. :cry

Second Question: While I have the Engine and Tranny out I'm going to get the front suspension improved. If this means a whole year long process then so be it, but I want to get it done while I have the opportunity. I was leaning towards getting the bushings replaced. Mid-America sells a Total Suspension polyurethane kit (part# 34874) for 200 smackers. Is this a good investment. Or I can just go with the Complete Front End Rebuild Kit (part# 43843) for $270. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

:leaving:
Old 05-04-2004, 10:28 PM
comp
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Hello and Question 1: Frame (Slick McFavorite)

:cheers: welcome aboard :thumbs:

Quick Reply: Hello and Question 1: Frame