C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cabin noise in 82

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 07:44 PM
bs82vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabin noise in 82

Just getting my 82 driveable.First time i've ever ridden side saddle.The transmission being next to my thigh so to speak.No noise from transmission at idle but as i start to increase speed the transmission begins to sound like the a/c blower motor and gets louder as i increase speed.At 50 mph and up its annoying but by then the outside wind noise overpowers the transmission noise.I live in rural area,no cars,planes,factories,just me and the highway.
This car is miserable to drive compared to my Towncar.I can hear what little brain that i have purring while driving the Lincoln. :nopity :nopity
Old 05-05-2004, 03:03 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Cabin noise in 82 (bs82vette)

I don't hear anything from my tranny, sounds like you have other problems. Is your starter disengaging??????

Also, the wind noise is terrible, I put in new weatherstripping, and still can't make it all go away. I was just thinking the other day, it's about time to go into the doors again to try adjusting the windows again...:cuss
Plus add in the rear hatch on the CE and its double the trouble...
Old 05-05-2004, 04:23 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Cabin noise in 82 (Desertdawg)

since it's speed related and not rpm it might very well be your differential. Refresh the oil and add the slip additive.

Get notified of new replies

To Cabin noise in 82

Quick Reply: Cabin noise in 82