C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a set of Lars recurve weights they're not using?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 12:05 PM
Shrike
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone have a set of Lars recurve weights they're not using?

Since Lars isn't building the recurve kits anymore, I'm trying to put one together myself. I have most of the parts, but I need the weights that came in the Lars kit. If anyone bought one of Lars' kits but didn't need the weights, would you let me know?
Thanks in advance!
Scott
Old 05-04-2004, 02:04 PM
pws69
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: Anyone have a set of Lars recurve weights they're not using? (Shrike)

Since Lars isn't building the recurve kits anymore, I'm trying to put one together myself. I have most of the parts, but I need the weights that came in the Lars kit. If anyone bought one of Lars' kits but didn't need the weights, would you let me know?
Thanks in advance!
Scott
I have one of Lars kits - didn't come with weights. Lars makes it VERY clear that the stock weights are best.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:19 PM
NHvette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Anyone have a set of Lars recurve weights they're not using? (Shrike)

Since Lars isn't building the recurve kits anymore, SNIP
WHAT !?!? Dam Dam Dam ... Damn. !!!!

Are you sure ?

Damn.

Old 05-04-2004, 02:40 PM
pws69
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: Anyone have a set of Lars recurve weights they're not using? (NHvette)

Since Lars isn't building the recurve kits anymore, SNIP

WHAT !?!? Dam Dam Dam ... Damn. !!!!

Are you sure ?

Damn.
I wouldn't fret even if it is true! Lars has published information about the components (including part numbers and sources) so you can purchase what you need. Then you can get Lars documentation and recurve the dist yourself.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:43 PM
GTR1999
Tech Contributor

Received 2,619 Likes on 1,338 Posts

I could be wrong, but I thought the point kits didn't come with a weight set,only the HEI kit did?
Gary
Old 05-04-2004, 02:55 PM
70vert
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my kit from Mr.Gasket; it came with weights. I was not able to achieve 36* with even the lightest spring and the Mr.Gasket weights. The Mr.Gasket weights are a little bit heavier than the stock ones and the profile is a little bit different i.e. give more advance, than stock.
Good luck
Old 05-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Shrike
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Anyone have a set of Lars recurve weights they're not using? (70vert)

Mine is using HEI, so I'd like to get the weights is anyone has 'em. And yes, he is not making the kits anymore, but just do a search for "recurve" and he has posted a list of the various components. Or you can email Lars, I'm sure he would send you a list.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:15 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: Anyone have a set of Lars recurve weights they're not using? (70vert)

I got my kit from Mr.Gasket; it came with weights. I was not able to achieve 36* with even the lightest spring and the Mr.Gasket weights. The Mr.Gasket weights are a little bit heavier than the stock ones and the profile is a little bit different i.e. give more advance, than stock.
Good luck
I got a Mr Gasket kit also. The weights didn't fit. I only used the light springs out of the kit. Kind of expensive for a pair of little springs! :)

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have a set of Lars recurve weights they're not using?

Quick Reply: Anyone have a set of Lars recurve weights they're not using?