C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever heard of these pistons? Can't find much info on them.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 09:35 PM
munday
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever heard of these pistons? Can't find much info on them.

Badger pistons. I have the pro-series or pro-drag, I can't remember the series. But either way these are the pistons they put in my crate motor, I asked for keith black but they said these were better. I figure they are the professionals so they should know.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:36 PM
HDIronman
Pro

Default Re: Anyone ever heard of these pistons? Can't find much info on them. (munday)

I'm no expert, but I've only heard good things about Badger pistons.
:cool:
Old 05-02-2004, 09:42 PM
munday
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Anyone ever heard of these pistons? Can't find much info on them. (HDIronman)

It's wierd I can't find any actual info on them on lists of a few companies who sell them and tons of race teams that use them.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:45 PM
HDIronman
Pro

Default Re: Anyone ever heard of these pistons? Can't find much info on them. (munday)

Go here.....
http://badgerpistons.com/
Old 05-02-2004, 09:46 PM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

Never heard of them. :nonod: Most of the racers here run JE, Weisco, or Arias.

:cheers:
Old 05-02-2004, 09:57 PM
munday
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Anyone ever heard of these pistons? Can't find much info on them. (Corey_68)

"History:
Badger Pistons, LLC was formed with the acquisition of the piston manufacturing plant and the remaining piston inventory of Dynagear Corporation in February of 2003. Dynagear had manufactured Badger pistons since its acquisition of Manley-Badger in 1995 from Kolbenschmidt. Shortly after Dynagear acquired Ertel Manufacturing Company in 1998, all piston production was consolidated at the New Albany, Mississippi location.

In March of 2003, Badger Pistons also acquired Manley Valves from Dynagear.

Present:
Badger’s manufacturing facility is completely self-sufficient with on-site aluminum foundry and piston machining facilities. Our manufacturing process is highly automated with state-of-the-art equipment yet flexible enough to respond to customer needs. We, at Badger Pistons, realize that customer satisfaction is the key to the success of any business. Our goal at Badger Pistons is to supply our valued customers with pistons and valves of the highest quality at a reasonable price and to provide service second to none.
Future:
Continuous improvement, both in product and process, is vital in staying competitive in today’s global market. This, with the inevitable increase in customer satisfaction, is the primary tool we will utilize for expanding our share of the piston market. As the need arises, and we predict it will, we have ample room for expansion at our 35 acre site."

Old 05-02-2004, 09:59 PM
munday
Le Mans Master

Well that's interesting, it looks like they jsut got their site up, but they are the same company that makes manley valves. They even use their own forges.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:10 PM
FEDX
Melting Slicks

Location: A high school diploma fixing what a college degree broke TN
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'

I dont think New Albany is too far from me,I havent heard of them but I will ask some locals about them and see if I can find anything out.Maybe I'll be running a set of Badgers instead of JE's :jester

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone ever heard of these pistons? Can't find much info on them.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever heard of these pistons? Can't find much info on them.