C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I adjust the kickdown linkage on a TH350? Yeah, I'm not very bright...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 11:46 AM
OREO Speedwagon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I adjust the kickdown linkage on a TH350? Yeah, I'm not very bright...

:lol:

So, here's the deal. I put on an edelbrock performer in place of the dead quadrajet. Everything is working fine now except for the tranny kickdown. I have the kickdown stud for it to connect to, but the problem is that if I attach the kickdown to the linkage, I can't open the throttle all the way. The kickdown will only come out about half way, leaving *lots* of throttle to go.

So, basically I need to extend the play of that cable. Looking around I can see a threaded contraption behind the cable... Is that my boy? I'm really cornfused here...

:crazy:
Old 05-01-2004, 12:27 PM
73sbvert
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 72 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: How do I adjust the kickdown linkage on a TH350? Yeah, I'm not very bright... (OREO Speedwagon)

IIRC, you loosen the cable all the way, open the throttle to "wide open" and then tighten the cable until it just starts to pull on the throttle back at the carb. Stop and lock the cable setting with jam nut.

hope this helps
Old 05-03-2004, 08:59 AM
OREO Speedwagon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How do I adjust the kickdown linkage on a TH350? Yeah, I'm not very bright... (73sbvert)

You got it.

:)

I was having problems finding how to loosen the cable, but then it turned out to be a simple clip. After that discovery, everything else went pretty easy.

Get notified of new replies

To How do I adjust the kickdown linkage on a TH350? Yeah, I'm not very bright...

Quick Reply: How do I adjust the kickdown linkage on a TH350? Yeah, I'm not very bright...