C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hood losing it's curve??

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 10:33 PM
skeptic
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hood losing it's curve??

I'm not sure how to explain this... My hood looks like it's slightly flatter than it should be. As in, at the front of the hood, the seam between the hood and body match up. At the front wheel hump area the hood is slightly lower than the body. At the back of the hood, it is above the body. It's like it doesn't have quite enough curve. :confused: Anyone else have this problem? Any easy fix?
Old 05-01-2004, 08:02 AM
LENNIE
Heel & Toe

Default Re: hood losing it's curve?? (skeptic)

I had the same problem!!. first make sure the front or your hood is level with the nose or surround by shiming under the hinges as needed and make sure your header bar did not separate from under the nose or surround, mine did!! so the hood looked lower because the fiberglass had lifted from the bar. then there are rubber spacer blocks in the drip channel around the hood that give you that flush level look, I think one is placed under the fender curve of the hood. Yours is missing or compressed., As for spacing , whatever works for yor hood!! corvette central or ecklers has shims and spacer blocks :thumbs:
Old 05-01-2004, 04:28 PM
skeptic
Racer

Default Re: hood losing it's curve?? (LENNIE)

I had the same problem!!. first make sure the front or your hood is level with the nose or surround by shiming under the hinges as needed and make sure your header bar did not separate from under the nose or surround, mine did!! so the hood looked lower because the fiberglass had lifted from the bar. then there are rubber spacer blocks in the drip channel around the hood that give you that flush level look, I think one is placed under the fender curve of the hood. Yours is missing or compressed., As for spacing , whatever works for yor hood!! corvette central or ecklers has shims and spacer blocks :thumbs:
Spacer blocks? I ain't got no spacer blocks. :smash:

The car was re-painted at some point before I got it, and I'm guessing they took out the blocks to paint, and never replaced them. Thanks for the reply, I may never have figured out I was missing something. :bb
Old 05-01-2004, 08:06 PM
BKbroiler
Le Mans Master

Received 706 Likes on 401 Posts

Default Re: hood losing it's curve?? (skeptic)

I have the same problem, and no spacer blocks either.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:56 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

Default Re: hood losing it's curve?? (BKbroiler)

SPACER BLOCKS!!!

One of mine fell off and I noticed the difference right away....where's that glue? :leaving:

Get notified of new replies

To hood losing it's curve??

Quick Reply: hood losing it's curve??