C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drove the vette for the first time since november!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 08:22 PM
munday
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drove the vette for the first time since november!!!!!!!

Well I have had some problems since I got the crate engine. The car would die when I wnet into drive. The car was very hard to start. Car ran waaayyy to rich.
#1. I followed the lars tuning paper (thank you lars). Whats wierd now is that at idle (i can't tell otherwise since I was driving) I can see white smoke (it's fuel, i can smell it) When she was jetted way up I couldn't...ohh well.

#2 changed the vacuum lines and geave the vac advance it's own line, and the tranny vacuum it's own line.

I still don't feel like I have the power I should since I have a 383 stroker. When I nail the gas it feels like the tranny is slipping for the first second or so and then grabs....could this be my 2200 stall?????? It doesn't do this if I hold the brake and then launch hard.

but either way it was super fun, of course now my tach won't read.... I burned about 1/4 tank of gas in 10 min :) :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:
Old 04-29-2004, 08:49 PM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: drove the vette for the first time since november!!!!!!! (munday)

Drove mine for the first time tonight since last October. Just took it for about a 10 mile run to settle the suspension then brought it home for an alignment.
I would get that rich carb under control before it washes the cylinder walls and crudes the underside of the valves.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:54 PM
munday
Le Mans Master

Default Re: drove the vette for the first time since november!!!!!!! (norvalwilhelm)

so do i have to jet her down some more?????? I think i am running 68 and 72's also I noticed something else...this is the first time i have seen the oil pressure this low, I have only about 120miles on this engine. it went down to about 35 at idle when in the past it wouldn't drop below 50-55. Still jumps to 60-70 under throttle.
Old 05-01-2004, 05:39 PM
munday
Le Mans Master

Default Re: drove the vette for the first time since november!!!!!!! (munday)

ttt

Get notified of new replies

To drove the vette for the first time since november!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: drove the vette for the first time since november!!!!!!!