C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trim removal help needed please

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 05:17 PM
enforcer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trim removal help needed please

I have been trying to remove the trim the t tops lay on and cant move the chrome(?) end pieces. I found a screw under the weatherstrip and theres 2 from the inside but it only lifts up about 1/16 of an inch. Feels like maybe another screw is under there. Any advice?

Now I have not removed the windshield trim yet, but that doesnt seem to be holding it in. How hard would the windshield trim be to remove?

Finally I think the center piece is stainless(?) and seems to have 2 rivets in back and screws on top and sides, is there any secret hidden screws there?

It appears that a previous owner had put some type of clear sealer around all the trim so that might be helping it to stick together but I really need it off so any help would be appreciated. :confused:
Old 04-29-2004, 09:06 PM
motown 71
Racer

Default Re: trim removal help needed please (enforcer)

been a while since mine were removed but I believe that there is a screw that goes into that part from under the windshield trim, maybe even 2 of them.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:23 AM
BBShark
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'07

You may have screws under the glass. Don't try to force it you may break your glass. Take the front trim off to see.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:20 AM
enforcer
Instructor

Thanks guys, OK just looked at the assembly manual again (must have missed it the first time).
There appears to be a screw going in from the windshield trim side, so now I just have to figure out how to remove the trim without breaking anything.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:14 PM
rponfick
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 88 Posts

I'm afraid the two screw under the front windshield trim are also under the windshield glass itself. I am not sure you can access these screws without removing the w/s. Sorry.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:23 PM
Packy76
Instructor

Default Re: trim removal help needed please (rponfick)

It can be done but it was very scary as to not break the ws,after I did get them out I replaced them w/stainless countersunk allen screws

Get notified of new replies

To trim removal help needed please

Quick Reply: trim removal help needed please