C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1975 Finally Back Down On All Fours....................

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 08:25 AM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Default 1975 Finally Back Down On All Fours....................

After being 2ft off the ground since after Thanksgiving, FINALLY got her on the ground :yesnod: Still have the motor & trans to come out, but the "Bair's" rebuilt rearend is back in, new trailing arms in, rear spring, fuel lines, fuel tank, both left & right NEW #4 body mounts installed, the "now" NON-A/C interior in. Even pushed her outside and gave her a nice sponge bath :lolg: Hopefully, in the next week or two, pending other projects, I'll get the motor & trans out, rebuild the A-arms & power steering hardware, put the NEW motor and original transmission back in and start re-assembling her. Hope to have done by July. Just in time to use the new "non A/C heater" :lolg:
Old 04-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Stewart's74
Safety Car

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Re: 1975 Finally Back Down On All Fours.................... (Paul Borowski)

Gotta love Bairs!
Old 04-29-2004, 10:11 AM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Default Re: 1975 Finally Back Down On All Fours.................... (Paul Borowski)

Damn Paul, Now I'm feeling ashamed. But then again I've been working on someone else's car and mine is still sitting with the rear stuff all out mostly as it was in early Jan. Tank is cleaned and almost ready. Rear Bumper has been only "loosely" fitted. Sway bar rebuilt. Debating rear spring replacement after talking to Bair's last week. Still got about 1-1/2 weeks worth of work to do on my friends car. Then I suppose it will be time for the Spring house repairs and chores.... And here I was hoping on driving it to Carlisle this Summer.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:29 AM
73 Vet
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 1975 Finally Back Down On All Fours.................... (KenSny)

Bairs? Contact info please.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:34 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: 1975 Finally Back Down On All Fours.................... (KenSny)

Sounds like you've been busy. :cool: My 75' is not getting too far lately. I've done a little bit of work on the 80', just so that it doesn't die until I get a new motor built for the 81' then put the motor out of that in it. The 81' has gotten quite a bit of little improvements, the 68' is coming along, I rescued a barn abandoned 69' for a guy, so my entire winter Corvette fixing season was used up and the 75' still needs to be sanded for paint. :crazy: I really need to get that 75' done too, I really like that car.

-Justin
Old 04-30-2004, 07:04 AM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

Ah yes. The snowball syndrome or domino theory. One tries to repair small part and nearly rebuilds the whole corvette. Just a new shroud and motor mounts resulted in new core-support, radiator, condenser, complete AC sys (hoses, compressor, POA), shroud seals, and somehow the rear bumber and fuel tank needed replacing too. Now the new intake, heads, cam and headers were goodies not required but I could not resist. How long? Nearly 3 years. :banghead: Current needs are gauge cluster(with O2 A/F and vacuum gauges), carb plumbing, seat belts and starter wiring. :rofl:
Hang in there Paul. cardo0
Old 04-30-2004, 07:52 AM
FinnShark
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems that your car is not going to stay on the ground too long... :smash: Good luck with the rest of the project! :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To 1975 Finally Back Down On All Fours....................

Quick Reply: 1975 Finally Back Down On All Fours....................