C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know how to replace the power window regulator spring????

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 04:09 PM
jac1502
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know how to replace the power window regulator spring????

If i can do it while the motor assembly is still in the door I'm going to try myself. If not, I'm afraid I'll have to break down and take it some where to be fixed :mad Thanks for any help :cheers:
Old 04-28-2004, 04:48 PM
Viking427
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Anyone know how to replace the power window regulator spring???? (jac1502)

Just did this last week. You'll hafta yank the regulator/motor assembly out, carefully allow the window arm to "unwind" (releasing tension), then the spring will almost drop out. Don't know a way to allow the arm to unwind inside the door. Its actually quite simple, just be sure to insert a pin or screw driver "through" the regulator gear BEFORE you remove the motor, otherwise that spring can clean you clock.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:56 PM
jac1502
Racer

Default Re: Anyone know how to replace the power window regulator spring???? (Viking427)

Well the problem is that I found the spring broke in the door so it is already out. so is it still the same, do I need to remove the motor?
Old 04-28-2004, 05:29 PM
Viking427
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Anyone know how to replace the power window regulator spring???? (jac1502)

Well the problem is that I found the spring broke in the door so it is already out. so is it still the same, do I need to remove the motor?
...yup, no way (that I know of) to "wind" the new spring onto the regulator without the leverage of that long window arm. Possibly a set of vice grips and Arnold forearms, but honestly it'll only take you 15 minutes to unbolt the window and remove regulator/motor assembly...10 minutes to put it back in.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:03 PM
jac1502
Racer

Default Re: Anyone know how to replace the power window regulator spring???? (Viking427)

Thanks for the help, I don't know why the thought of working on the window scares me so much but it does.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone know how to replace the power window regulator spring????

Quick Reply: Anyone know how to replace the power window regulator spring????