C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 12:36 PM
akvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Club

A couple of my fellow vette owners and I are thinking of starting a Corvette club. Have any of you had any previous experience on starting a new club? We would appreciate any guidance and suggestions that any of you may have. :flag
Old 04-28-2004, 12:40 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: Corvette Club (akvette)

This is our Club's web site. It might give you some ideas.
http://www.capitalcorvetteclub.ca/
Old 04-28-2004, 02:07 PM
page62
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It depends on what you want in a club. If you want a formal club, with dues, meetings, Roberts Rules of Order...and all that claptrap, go for it. But I think the best clubs of all are those that have no formal structure. The Colorado Corvette Crazies are the best-known. They have no dues, no membership cards, no nothing. Just some folks who get together, work on cars, and drink plenty of :cheers:
Old 04-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Corvette_fetish
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Corvette Club (page62)

But I think the best clubs of all are those that have no formal structure. The Colorado Corvette Crazies are the best-known. They have no dues, no membership cards, no nothing. Just some folks who get together, work on cars, and drink plenty of :cheers:
Sounds like A.C.E. here in AZ. Basically "A.C.E.", The Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts, formed out of the Arizona members of the Corvette Forum getting together and turning wrenches on Saturdays. Now it's evolved into a group that does all the best stuff formal clubs do like cruises, dinners, BBQs, parties, events, car repairs, racing, etc. without all the negatives, like there is no formal structure/officers, no dues, no mandatory meetings, and NO POLITICS whatsoever. You participate in the events you want to, and pass up the ones you don't, and nobody has an issue with it. What could be better?
www.arizonavette.net/
Old 04-29-2004, 04:14 PM
akvette
Advanced

Thanks guys for all your help! It sounds like what we are looking for. Will keep you posted on how it goes. :flag
Old 04-29-2004, 07:59 PM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I have been working on starting a local club with no rules, no dues, just getting together and driving. The problem is that everybody who owns a Corvette says they have been waiting for a club forever and want to participate, but nobody ever shows up for events. It ends up being 4 cars every time. Too many people that are all talk and no action. We'll see how it goes in the next month or two, may be time for me to give it up.

-Justin
Old 04-29-2004, 08:08 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: Corvette Club (page62)

It depends on what you want in a club. If you want a formal club, with dues, meetings, Roberts Rules of Order...and all that claptrap, go for it. But I think the best clubs of all are those that have no formal structure. The Colorado Corvette Crazies are the best-known. They have no dues, no membership cards, no nothing. Just some folks who get together, work on cars, and drink plenty of :cheers:
A.C.E. (Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts) are the same way. No rules, no dues, but plenty of fun. Check us out at http://www.ArizonaVette.net

EDIT: Dan beat me to the club promotion....

[Modified by BSeery, 5:08 PM 4/29/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Club

Quick Reply: Corvette Club