C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad news :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 06:38 PM
killerbulldoggy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad news :(

my car has died :) ... nah, but i just got it back from the shop to find my brake problem and the top right and back left calipers are leaking..... so F it, im gonna replace all of them. anyways, since there a coupon around here somewhere and people use VBP alot, could yall suggest a package for me? its a 78 vette. i plan on replacing the whole calipers and not just re-sealing them.... thanks buddies :jester
Old 04-27-2004, 06:45 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: bad news :( (killerbulldoggy)

Contact VB and order fronts and rears. don't forget to get the fron rubber hoses as well. be careful removing the small brake lines from the rear, else you will be replacing those as well...in fact, if they are rusty, would be a good idea to get two new ones.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:56 PM
killerbulldoggy
Instructor

Default Re: bad news :( (GDaina)

this is what i picked out..... http://www.vbandp.com/detail.aspx?ID=280
any ideas?

btw, it says something about a CS core charge. what does this mean? thers a difference of $160? :confused:

[Modified by killerbulldoggy, 11:59 PM 4/27/2004]
Old 04-27-2004, 07:01 PM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

Be wary of those kits. Ask what the shipping is first and ask if you have to pay a core charge over and above what you will be paying for the kit. You'll have to pay the shipping for the core that you return to them and you will end up losing your butt. Personally, I'd split the halves of the calipers and see if they have been stainless sleeved. If they have, just order the o-ring conversion kit. It'll take a little work, but you will save ALOT of money. I've even gone as far as buying calipers from Autozone and putting the O-ring kit in them.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:09 PM
SLine78
Racer

:iagree:

Just did the o-ring conversion of the rear of the 71 this weekend. I have already converted the front and rears on the 78. It is a very simple job to pull the calipers apart and perfrom the o-ring conversion.

Mike
Old 04-27-2004, 07:51 PM
neverendingproject
Pro

Default Re: bad news :( (SLine78)

im going thru this myself . i have decided to rebuild them myself also. im going to use the precision kit though. reason is, they dont use springs behind the pistons. therefore, less air pumping.

btw, if anyone needs rotors, http://rockauto.com/ has good rotors for $21 a piece.

Get notified of new replies

To bad news :(

Quick Reply: bad news :(