C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help in NW Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 11:32 PM
djlangford
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help in NW Las Vegas

Howdy!

I'm about to give up! I'm hoping its something simple ('cause I'm so simple), but my '74 454 (MSD ignition), suddenly stopped starting. It cranks, it gets fuel from the electric fuel pump, the coil is working per the MSD test method, but no fire :confused: I'm not sure what is going on, it started a few weeks ago, then the battery went down, and now it dosen't start at all (yes, I've had the bat checked). I'm not sure what is happening. I think its probably something stupid that I'm overlooking (isn't it always :conehead ).

Anyway, if you are interested, and can get near Cheyenne and Rampart in NW 'vegas, let me know, I'll be open to suggestions on Saturday.

PM Me, and let me know if your coming, and I'll give you more exact directions, otherwise, I'll just blow off the honeydo list some other way, and cry while sitting in my non-starting 'Vette.

If anyone comes, and we get the thing started, and anyone is interested, there are 2 other projects: 1) find where the short is, my battery will drain in ~2 days; and 2) fix the power windows, they are SLLLLLLOW!

BTW, I'll have Beer.

Thanks! Any help is appreciated.

David
Old 04-28-2004, 12:15 AM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

Default Re: help in NW Las Vegas (djlangford)

ttt Clutchdust, you still in town? :D

Quick Reply: help in NW Las Vegas