C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lars is done!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 10:15 PM
WarBound
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lars is done!!!!

I'm so excited. Just got email that my carb is on it's way back to me. Wow...Lars runs a top notch service. He emailed me a technical sheet detailing everything that was messed up with my q-jet.

I am so excited:) I gotta wrap up the rest of my weatherstripping so I can put the carb on right away and then go driving for once:)
Old 04-26-2004, 10:49 PM
trw
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Lars is done!!!! (WarBound)

LARS is the man!! :smash:

Have fun driving. :D

Terry
Old 04-26-2004, 11:09 PM
Jasonty
Pro

Default Re: Lars is done!!!! (trw)

Does he only fool with Q-Jet carbs, or will he do others as well? Also, if you don't mind telling us, how much does he charge?
Old 04-26-2004, 11:32 PM
WarBound
Intermediate

Default Re: Lars is done!!!! (Jasonty)

I'm not quite sure what Lars range of carb service is. You can email him and ask. So far I am very impressed. Let's put it this way. I bought the car 1 month ago...previous owner paid $400 for rebuilt carb 1 year ago, he gave me the receipt. I knew something was wrong with the way this thing ran...real bad and idle was terrible...hard hot starts too. Anyway, I wasn't even going to try and go to the place locally where the previous owner sent it. instead after reading here about Lars I sent it to him. All my suspicions were true and this 1 year old $400 carb was really hosed.

My total was like $100 plus $20 for a bad choke pull-off. Obvious total price would be different for each carb depending on what he has to do. But I am positive, without even having it back yet, that I did much better here than the previous owner and his $400 one that was all jacked up.

Here is Lars email, check with him...I do remember reading that he does ditributors too...that's next down the rode for me to send to lars...i have to get some driving in first though:)

Lars email = v8fastcars@msn.com
Old 04-26-2004, 11:37 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Lars is done!!!! (Jasonty)

You know how when you mail order something you think is going to work pretty good, you install it and it works ok. Thats not the case when you get something from Lars. He makes sure when it leaves his hands it works great.

He is the best!!!!
Old 04-27-2004, 08:44 AM
1LE
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what Lars told me is that after the rebuild, he road test the carb on one of his cars. He did mine about a year and a half ago and the total cost with shipping and all was around $ 120. Can't go wrong with Lars deal.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:45 AM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 756 Likes on 525 Posts

Default Re: Lars is done!!!! (1LE)

My Lars rebuild rocks. He sure does setup Q-jets the way they should be. I bought a rebuilt one out of a catalog for my ZZ4 thinking my old truck Q-jet was toast (the way it ran it seemed like it). I put the "new" one on my ZZ4 and it ran good. I donated my old q-jet to Lars's carb loaner program he had a few years back and he rebuilt it and loaned it out for a few months. He discontinued the loaner program so he sent it back to me. I decided to put it on my ZZ4 and here is my reaction on the difference in performance. :eek: :shocked: :eek: :shocked: :eek: :shocked: :D
Lars rebuild was better than the catalog carb by about 1000%.
You are going to think he rebuild your whole engine after your first drive with it.
LARS IS THE MAN!!!! :thumbs:
:cheers:
Old 04-27-2004, 08:08 PM
SLVRVET
Cruising

Default Re: Lars is done!!!! (theandies)

LARS is definately the man. He reuilt my Q-Jet this winter and does it ever run fine. Improved the performance 1000%. :cheers:
Old 04-27-2004, 08:29 PM
TedH
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

I think I spent all of $150-160 on Lars' rebuild. The carb has performed flawlessly. Lars even helped with a free set of main jets and secondary metering rods for FREE (including shipping).

Top notch service and support in my opinion!

Get notified of new replies

To Lars is done!!!!

Quick Reply: Lars is done!!!!