C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch safety switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 01:45 PM
Ak. Mal
Race Director

Location: Kansas City, MO ...I'd like to go fishing and catch a fishstick. That'd be convenient. - Mitch Hedberg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Clutch safety switch

I know that the previous owner diconnected my clutch safety switch so he could start the car without the clutch. I know that it is wired with a purple and yellow wire that are currently twisted together.

Can someone look at the switch at the top of the clutch arm and tell me which wire goes to wich terminal? Or better yet, take a picture? I don't feel the need to purchase a wire harness for this but want to hook it up correctly.

Thanks
Old 04-26-2004, 03:38 PM
stingry
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Default Re: Clutch safety switch (Ak. Mal)

It doesn't matter which one it goes to. Its a switch. All it is doing is going from an "open" condition (ie clutch not fully dpressed to a "closed" condition (ie clutch depressed).

It may be he disocnnected it because the position of ths switch needs to be adjusted. I had to adjust mine so that it was "closed" when the clutch was fully adjusted. Let me tell you that it is not a fun job unbolting that switch then getting it re-connected.

Good luck.

[Modified by stingry, 2:38 PM 4/26/2004]
Old 04-26-2004, 04:10 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Clutch safety switch (Ak. Mal)

Damn bubba done you wrong, I just unplugged it and jumped it, no need to cut the wires.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:22 PM
Ak. Mal
Race Director

Location: Kansas City, MO ...I'd like to go fishing and catch a fishstick. That'd be convenient. - Mitch Hedberg

Default Re: Clutch safety switch

Bubba done went crazy with the wire cutters and electrical tape in my car.

I can't count how many harnesses have been cut out and reconnected.

Thanks for the help on the switch. It actually just occured to me before checking this that the connection shouldn't matter. Sometimes you just have to think about things long enough before they make sense.

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch safety switch

Quick Reply: Clutch safety switch