C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cd player install in late c3

Old 04-25-2004, 03:45 PM
SicChild
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cd player install in late c3

What do I have to take apart to install the cd player into the stock position...does the entire dash have to come off? I'm having a bitch of a time here....any links to tutorials?

thanks
Old 04-25-2004, 04:37 PM
Michel B
Burning Brakes

Location: Ville de la Baie Quebec. A winner is just a loser who tried again.
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: cd player install in late c3 (SicChild)

Hard question to answer, I know with mine, I can remove the gauge bezel without taking the consol out, and the radio kinda slips into place, then place the bezel on top. My non-original radio fits very tightly against the air ducks. That whole area is not a joy to play in, take your time, its to easy to brake something..... :seeya
Old 04-25-2004, 04:41 PM
redwingvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 138 Likes on 73 Posts

What year car do you have? With 68-76, the passanger side panel has to come off, then the center bezel can be removed. Besides the screws that attach it to the top and side panels, there are 2 nuts that attach it to the center console. The ***** need to come off the radio to get to the nuts that attach the radio to the center bezel.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:04 PM
SicChild
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: cd player install in late c3 (Michel B)

well i got it put in. that was a pain. i managed to do it without taking the dash out....i just ripped the 8track out and then cut the faceplate with it still in place. took about 4hrs. i'll post pics later.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:34 AM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,444 Likes on 753 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I installed a Pioneer 6 CD changer in the back storage compartment. I left the stock radio head for originality, and used the FM RF adapter. I angle mounted the cahnger, so I just open the compartment and slide in the cartridge. I have the mounted backets held by Velcro for removal for judging if needed. Now if I could just find a nice small amp to stash underneath. All of the doggon amps are so big these days. I just want to improve the sound quality a bit on the stock head, not repalce it.

Get notified of new replies

To cd player install in late c3

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cd player install in late c3