C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Belt Rewebbing...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 09:31 AM
Ybnormal
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Seat Belt Rewebbing...

I was wondering if anyone has attempted to replace the webbing on their seat belts? I have a set in Cinnabar and need to change the color to Black. I thought about using a dye but don't want to chance the dye bleeding back out on the clothes when ridding. I thought maybe get some black seat belt webbing and seeing if I could get it sewn locally at maybe a upholstery shop. Has anyone tried this and what complications/liability may I run into trying to get this done? Thanks :seeya

YBnormal...drive a vette
www.angelfire.com/al/swhite7/vette.html

[Modified by Ybnormal, 2:35 PM 4/25/2004]
Old 04-25-2004, 10:27 AM
Michel B
Burning Brakes

Location: Ville de la Baie Quebec. A winner is just a loser who tried again.
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Seat Belt Rewebbing... (Ybnormal)

I just did a complete restoration on mine,, and tryed the dye with poor results. Belts became very stiff and this affected the retractors ability to work, then again, it could be just me, lololl. Surprisingly they are relatively easy to disasemble to replace the belt, and I had no trouble finding webbing localy. Check the archives, the subject was brought up not to long ago and somebody posted a link to a professional restoration shop.. good luck :seeya

Quick Reply: Seat Belt Rewebbing...