C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ign moduel question

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 08:54 PM
gravismaximus
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ign moduel question

i just went out and applied more die electric greese to my ign moduel becuuae of the stalling problum ive been having (look at my other post). when i reinstalled the moduel the top of it poped off. i pushed on it and it snaped back in place it seemed. my question is is that normal, do the covers of them come apart? or is this maybe a defetive part stright from the factory? :eek:
Old 04-24-2004, 09:04 PM
nitrocharger
Racer

Default Re: ign moduel question (gravismaximus)

I dont think they are supposed to pop apart. There are two rivets holding it together. I'd get another one if I were you
Old 04-27-2004, 09:11 AM
GasketDude
Racer

Default Re: ign moduel question (gravismaximus)

No, not normal. Take out the old module and take it to the local parts store and have it tested. Have them test it a few times to get it wamed up because as they heat up, they fail. There's several "circuits" inside that can cause your problem. Buy the better quality!

While you have it out check the wires(2) at the pick up assembly. If they're brittle they will break so be carefull! Just give them a little tug to make sure they're still connected properly. This is the RPM signal the module is looking for and if there's a loose wire, it will act as if you shut off the key.

Last, be sure to lube up the silicone washer under the coil(HEI-?) inside the cap with more die electric grease. Over time this "dries up" and can cuase stalling or no starts. Had this plague me on my '71 Olds Cutlass Conv with a HEI conversion one summer.

Get notified of new replies

To ign moduel question

Quick Reply: ign moduel question