C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Q-Jet] '75 Aneroid/APT question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Frank75
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default [Q-Jet] '75 Aneroid/APT question...

My car feels like it's not getting enough gas when accelerating hard at part throttle. It'll run well for about 3 seconds then gasp, almost stall, then slowly recover. Fuel pump pressure is ~6 psig and volume is good. New filter, carb has been rebuilt and float level double-checked. I've rejetted for headers and true duals per Lars' recommendations and I can't see anything else wrong. Ignition timing is OK, new plugs, wires, etc. etc. I'm pretty sure the problem is in the carb.

This is the year they switched to an altitude sensitive aneroid mechanism that also looks like it controls fuel flow to the power valve. It looks to me that if you screw the adjustment screw "out" that it'll lift a needle valve and allow more fuel flow. Does anyone have any experience with this? :confused: I'd like to keep the stock carb & air filter assembly but a carb change is starting to look more attractive...

TIA
Old 04-24-2004, 04:26 PM
73sbvert
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 72 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: [Q-Jet] '75 Aneroid/APT question... (Frank75)

Two words:
Contact Lars!!! He is by far the supreme carb guru and will be able to help you out!

:bow: Lars!
Old 04-28-2004, 05:35 PM
Frank75
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: [Q-Jet] '75 Aneroid/APT question... (73sbvert)

bump

I'm still hoping to hear form lars - changed the module and coil just in case they were contributing to the problem but no joy. Might as well change the fuel pump as well as I think it's original. Still seems to work well at idle but maybe something else is going on at higher revs.

I'm still open to ideas on what might be causing this problem.

thanks

Get notified of new replies

To [Q-Jet] '75 Aneroid/APT question...

Quick Reply: [Q-Jet] '75 Aneroid/APT question...