C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSD ignition - big improvement? should I have it installed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 09:45 PM
kristen
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MSD ignition - big improvement? should I have it installed?

I finally checked out the box of stuff that was in the back of the vette when I bought it - an old car cover, repro owners manual, couple of books... and MSD Ignition. :cool: I've got the 6AL control module, Pro Billet Distributor (missing cap), and Blaster 2 Coil - except for the cap and probably some of the wiring, I think I've got all the parts. Yay! :hurray:

Any recommendations? Is the MSD setup a big improvement over stock? Also, I noticed a noise supressor in the Summit catalog - should I go ahead and pick that up? (not that it would matter much now, since the only speaker that works is the crappy dash speaker)

Where have you guys mounted the controller? I've got a small block, so there's a little room left under the hood :D

Thanks for the help!!!! :seeya
Old 04-22-2004, 10:05 PM
71coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: MSD ignition - big improvement? should I have it installed? (kristen)

I noticed an improvement :yesnod:
Installed mine in rear compartment area

Spark plug life is better too.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:58 PM
kristen
Advanced

Default Re: MSD ignition - big improvement? should I have it installed? (71coupe)

Thanks - I never would have thought of the rear compartment, but what a great idea.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:56 PM
SteelCitiesLT1
Heel & Toe

Default Re: MSD ignition - big improvement? should I have it installed? (kristen)

I installed mine to replace the factory transistorized ignition. My bro also installed to replace points in a 70BB. Both of us notice s significant improvement in idle characterisitics and throttle response. Definately worth the investment. We mounted ours behind the passenger dash pad.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:04 PM
NHvette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: MSD ignition - big improvement? should I have it installed? (SteelCitiesLT1)

Lots of people put the unit on the inner passenger fender ...

(not my car)

:seeya

Get notified of new replies

To MSD ignition - big improvement? should I have it installed?

Quick Reply: MSD ignition - big improvement? should I have it installed?