C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Primer sealer/ paint question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 09:21 PM
MikeC
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Primer sealer/ paint question

This weekend I'm going to be at the very least spraying primer/sealer on the body.

The car won't be painted until later summer.... WHere should I leave off? Spray the primer sealer and be done with it or go the next step and shoot the K36?

The body will also be stored outside under its cover and a tarp on top of that. Are any advrese thingsgoing to happen to it?

I really don't want to spray the car with colour until I get it back on the rolling chassis( which is yet to be started)
Old 04-22-2004, 11:22 PM
wombvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Re: Primer sealer/ paint question (MikeC)

You should spray primer surfacer first. As opposed to sealer. If you are using two part urethane products or even epoxy for that matter, you should shoot and leave it until you are ready to sand and block. You cannot shoot directly over cured primer, it must be sanded first for adherence. I dont think that a cover is a good thing. It tends to trap moisture and cause blistering. If you use one, take it off regularly and let the car dry out.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:59 AM
MikeC
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Primer sealer/ paint question (wombvette)

TTT.

I was reading Lar's paper and it said to layer the sealer down first. then spray the K36 surfacer on it...... now I'm getting confused.... I am buyin \g the sealer today and was hoping to spray it Sunday

Yeah the cover will be taken off frequently for dry outs, I just don't want to leave it out in the open since I just replaced the door pillars and birdcage.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:46 AM
Michel B
Burning Brakes

Location: Ville de la Baie Quebec. A winner is just a loser who tried again.
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Primer sealer/ paint question (MikeC)

Hey Mike, did you replace or work on the aft bird cage pillers, and rocker chanels,,,, do you have any pics,, This is my `next big project, so any pointers would be helpfull!!!!! :cheers:

Oups!!! wrong thread, lololollllololl :lol:

[Modified by Michel B, 7:56 PM 4/23/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To Primer sealer/ paint question

Quick Reply: Primer sealer/ paint question