C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a/c box prices!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 04:59 PM
ykp53
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c box prices!!!!

bubba decided that it was easier to bust a hole in my evaporator box than it was to remove it so the could attach the headers and that they sould use wood screws to attache the blower. needlees to say that my ac does not cool very well with a 3" hole in the a/c box, and a 1/2" crack between the blower and the a/c box lets a lot of air out also. i was looking in to getting a new one and the only one i can find is at a certain dr.'s and they are 375 dollars for each side. is this right. what am i supposed to do? how can i patch the hole?
Old 04-22-2004, 05:13 PM
GTR1999
Tech Contributor

Received 2,617 Likes on 1,338 Posts

Default Re: a/c box prices!!!! (ykp53)

Are those made from fiberglass? If so, you can repair it like new with some time and few bucks worth of resin and matt. It might be worth looking into.
Gary
Old 04-22-2004, 05:24 PM
cmashark
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Re: a/c box prices!!!! (ykp53)

if the fiberglassing doesn't work, i removed one out of the 76 vette i built a few years ago. it's in good shape. i just took it off the fire wall. the a/c core inside it needs to be replaced with your original piece. if you want it, i will sell it for 50 bucks plus shipping. i live in norfolk, va. i am currently in key west until the first of may. email me cmashark@exis.net if you are interested.

chris

Get notified of new replies

To a/c box prices!!!!

Quick Reply: a/c box prices!!!!