C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QJet choke pulloff question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 12:56 PM
wcsinx
Team Owner

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts

Default QJet choke pulloff question

I just bought a new choke pulloff for my qjet because upon investigation (thanks to Lars' writeup) mine wasn't holding vacuum. Anywho, I have the new one here in front of me, and it looks fine except for the nipple hole. The new one's hole is WAY smaller than the old one's. I don't have any measuring devices on hand, so I'll just say with the old, I could probably slip a small finishing nail into the nipple hole, and with the new I'd be lucky if I could shove a pushpin into it. Soooo I dunno. Should I just drill out the new one? It seems like with such a small hole, it wouldn't be able to "react" as fast.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:42 PM
Steve's74
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: QJet choke pulloff question (wcsinx)

The hole likely should be fairly small. That choke pull-off is also a control so that the secondary bore air valve doesn't react too fast. Even with the small hole, the choke pull-off, if properly adjusted, will open the choke quick enough. I would advise against enlarging the hole.

Quick Reply: QJet choke pulloff question