C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

77 Door panel/Door nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 08:48 AM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Location: Sometimes I wonder... why is that frisbee getting bigger? Then it hits me.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default 77 Door panel/Door nightmare

Well not really a nightmare but This past weekend I went through my doors to adjust the power windows as they were WAY out of alignment and loose and discovered many missing fuzzies and some mangled pieces that I KNOW need replacement. Does anyone have some pics of what needs to be where? My windows move alot in and out , Also my door panels are crispy. Is there a company out there that can redo them relatively inexpensively or should I just look for a good upholestry shop and see what they can do for me?

[Modified by Madmikeee, 8:49 AM 4/22/2004]
Old 04-22-2004, 10:20 AM
Pete76Shark
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: 77 Door panel/Door nightmare (Madmikeee)

I think your door panels are the same as my 76 but I dont have any pics to share with you. I replaced my panels with new along with the power window motors and other hardware that needed to be replaced. Suggest you look in one of the parts books as maybe one of the exploded views will so you where all the parts go.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:28 AM
Bobchad
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: 77 Door panel/Door nightmare (Pete76Shark)

I have the rebuild procedures on my web page under technical assistance. They are the old technical tips from Zip, before they remodeled their web site and removed them.

[Modified by Bobchad, 10:29 AM 4/22/2004]
Old 04-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Location: Sometimes I wonder... why is that frisbee getting bigger? Then it hits me.
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: 77 Door panel/Door nightmare (Pete76Shark)

Thanks! I am still waiting for my assembly manual to be delivered and my chiltons manual is about worthless for good exploded views.

How many window "anti rattle" bumpers do I need per door? I saw 2 in each door but it looked as if a couple might be missing and one is stripped out so it won't hold. Do I only need 4 total or am I missing parts? Sorry for thew apparent "dumb questions" but without my good reading material I am at a loss and want to get some of these things done before they drive me insane.

:cheers:
Old 04-22-2004, 10:30 AM
Bobchad
Burning Brakes

I think it was 4. The procedure lists all the parts necessary.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:40 AM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: 77 Door panel/Door nightmare (Bobchad)

I have the rebuild procedures on my web page under technical assistance. They are the old technical tips from Zip, before they remodeled their web site and removed them.

[Modified by Bobchad, 10:29 AM 4/22/2004]
:eek: THANKS!!.. Those are just about perfect!!! :hurray:
Old 04-22-2004, 11:42 AM
Bobchad
Burning Brakes

Glad to be of help. I wish I had gotten more of them before they took them off line. They had a bunch of them, with all including the parts necessary. I have emailed and called a couple of times wanting to get them put back on line but no one at Zip seems interested in hearing what I have to say.

It's too bad because the loss of information is a loss to the Vette community.

[Modified by Bobchad, 11:42 AM 4/22/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To 77 Door panel/Door nightmare

Quick Reply: 77 Door panel/Door nightmare