C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

happenings in DFW this weekend?

Old 04-21-2004, 03:39 PM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Default happenings in DFW this weekend?

what is going on car show or corvette club stuff this weekend and next weekend in the dallas - fort worth area? thanks, I plan on being over and want to check out whatever I can. :D
Old 04-21-2004, 04:07 PM
73'Vette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: happenings in DFW this weekend? (LT1driver)

Although I'm not a member, I did stumble across the North Texas Corvette Club website today. Here is a link to their calendar page which may have something you are interested in:

http://www.geocities.com/markaraj/Ca...r20040320.html

[Modified by 73'Vette, 3:08 PM 4/21/2004]
Old 04-21-2004, 04:35 PM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

There is a gathering at Sargeants in Arlington every Friday evening. Cars begin to arrive around 7:00. They are located just south of I-20 on Cooper street. It's easy to get to if you will be in town Friday.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:51 PM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Default Re: happenings in DFW this weekend? (73'Vette)

thanks guys :cheers:
Old 04-21-2004, 10:25 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

You can come over and I'll put your b@#$ to work on the vette. :jester Free beer of course. Are you stopping by James house?
Old 04-22-2004, 12:02 AM
Shrike
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: happenings in DFW this weekend? (burners)

There is a gathering at Sargeants in Arlington every Friday evening. Cars begin to arrive around 7:00. They are located just south of I-20 on Cooper street. It's easy to get to if you will be in town Friday.
I personally stopped going to the Sergeants get together, it started looking like a chevy dealer. A lot of C5's, some C4's, and on a good night maybe 3 C3's. Several nights, I would be the only C3. Gets a little boring listen to the C5ers talk about exhaust and air filter mods.

Go to Fabulous Fifties on the corner of Park Row and Bowen. Much more diverse, pretty much exclusively older cars. Still not a lot of C3's, but enough other people there who are the only one of their kind that you don't feel alone.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:15 AM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Default Re: happenings in DFW this weekend? (Shrike)

Shrike: is the fab 50s also in arlington and also each friday night?

Buddy: yes I will stop by Jims, always do friends for over 30 years, I can help on your car, will definately be in town next friday for Pate and still up in air about this weekend, really want to see your car again, I will call you when I am coming over and see what help you need

Mike :cheers:
Old 04-22-2004, 01:16 AM
Shrike
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, it's in Arlington. It usually is every Friday nite, I will stop in on my way to work tomorrow and see for sure.

2424 W. Park Row, Arlington

here is a webpage with some good info too: http://dfw-hotrodhappenings.com/index.html
Looks like they are also having a car show there on Saturday

[Modified by Shrike, 12:29 AM 4/22/2004]
Old 04-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Tex71BB
Burning Brakes

Don't forget this:

"Texas Motorplex will host an AutoZone Super Chevy Show on the weekend of April 23-25, 2004 and is located in Ennis, Texas."

Old 04-22-2004, 11:22 AM
verskel
Safety Car

CAR SHOW in Ft. Worth (quote):

"Its on 4-24-04 and the registration is at 0900 am and the judging is at noon till 1500 hrs (3pm for u non military time people). what the neat part is, its a memorial scholarship fundraising car show for the white settlement PD officer that was killed in 2002. since its such a good cause, and would be fun to do it, im asking to see how many people could go...pre reg is 20 till the 10th and 25 from then till the show. they have multiple classes, but unfortunately not a corvette specific class but the widow of the officer (who i spoke with) is saying there is a chevy class, etc that we can fit into. im gonna be there and i dont really care about the trophies or what class, etc. but mainly want to be there for the reason for the show etc. she is sending me an email with the reg form attached tonight sometime and i can turn around and email it to whomever wants to go as well. it will be the print it out and mail it in type of form so it should be easy. if anyone wants to go, send me a yuppers email to clh77chevy@aol.com and ill fwd it to you when i get it. oh yeah, the show is to take place in white settlement off I30 behind a toys r us, specifically at 7600 scott street, for those who are familiar with that area."

:D :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To happenings in DFW this weekend?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: happenings in DFW this weekend?