C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ID Help ... 69E or 69L Vert - Lock Post Weatherstrip

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Skipple
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ID Help ... 69E or 69L Vert - Lock Post Weatherstrip

Appparently in 69, they changed the configuration of the top of the lock post such that the "wedge weatherstrip" had to also be changed.

I'm missing mine altogether... so I'm trying to determine from the shape of the space .. which weatherstrip is called for.

Although my build date is September, we all know that is not always the only key. So, if anyone out there has recently had to replace their Wedge and rear deck weatherstrip on their '69, can you advise if your's looked like this one and whether they ordered 69E or 69L?

Thanks! :seeya

Old 04-21-2004, 02:13 PM
CruisinCO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ID Help ... 69E or 69L Vert - Lock Post Weatherstrip (Skipple)

Can't see pic.. But since my 69 vert build date was Dec 68, mine was easy to figure out. If your build date is Sept 69, I'd assume that is late. But to make perfectly sure, I'd call the folks at Last Detail and they'll advise you on the phone. There prices are on the less expensive side as well.
Just my .02
Old 04-21-2004, 02:38 PM
sb69coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: ID Help ... 69E or 69L Vert - Lock Post Weatherstrip (Skipple)

The design of the body panels did not change. They just redesigned the weatherstrip a few times throughout production. If your car was built in Sept '69, I'd go with the late design. Sept 68 would be early. Call Doc Rebuild as they should know which one would be right for your car.

Shannon
Old 04-21-2004, 04:38 PM
Skipple
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: ID Help ... 69E or 69L Vert - Lock Post Weatherstrip (sb69coupe)

I would presume that they changed the weatherstrip for a reason. If you look at pictures/line drawings of the two flavors, they are quite different. Thus, I'd be inclined to agree and go with the later version. Would be "correct" for a September build .. and perhaps improved over the earlier version.

As long as the sheetmetal indeed didn't change....

Get notified of new replies

To ID Help ... 69E or 69L Vert - Lock Post Weatherstrip

Quick Reply: ID Help ... 69E or 69L Vert - Lock Post Weatherstrip