C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

81 vette update

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 12:29 AM
allancook5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 81 vette update

Havent been here in a while, dealing with the vette, anyways i brought it to a shop about 2 months ago, they put 300 miles on and wrecked it to make a long story short, anyways the whole car needs repainted and i need a new nose clip, and i got a 8500 check for the paint job yesterday from my insurence, so its getin fixed in the next few weeks, so far ive put on a 600 edelbrock performer series new exhaust just flowmasters no cats, yanked all the smog crap, the computer didnt know what the heck was going on so the timing was getting all screwed up cuz its computer controlled, ive replaced the distributor with a regular one, got her all tuned up and since im getting it painted i might as well do what i had planned now, im planning on putting a Nordskog performance LED direct replacement guage kit which really isnt bad, all 6 for 499 including senders alot better then the stock speedo, 85 is a joke, and this one is rated from 0-300, it clocks your best 1/4 mile time 0-60 and top speed atained, and is adjustable for gears and tires with a few clicks of a button, and with a lifetime warrenty you cant beet that, the p/w are getting refurbed cuz their not to great, p/d are getting fixed p/m are getting fixed, and now for the engine, when i bought it the guy had completly rebuilt the engine and tranny, he said he had a cam in it which is evident, idles real rough, ive put the carb and exhaust on, killed the smog and computer, i can see its got a wieland intake manifold and now im wonder what to do, the 8.2-1 compression is also a joke so maybe new heads? which ones would be best, id rather not put new heads on it and just put a turbo on, but i am not a custom mechanic, i like bolt on, so i need to find a turbo kit, anyone seen one? If not ill go with the heads. I'm not sure what else i should do to it? Now comes the suspension, i need to replace it all including u-joints, bushings, etc.. any ideas for that? Finally comes the gears 2:72's another joke, i was thinking about putting some 3:30 somethings in but dont know how hard that will be, i raced a 97GT with a few mods and of the line he nailed me untill i hit about 75 i started moving, with the help of my GPS we got it to 133, and in the top end killed that ford POS. Any info would be great, thanks.

Quick Reply: 81 vette update