C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

81 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 07:52 PM
akvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 81 conversion

Yes fellas, I have procrastinated another full year on switching out my computer operated system. Last year I purchased a new edelbrock intake manifold and carburator hoping to change over from my computer operated system. Time has slipped by and now the next driving season is here. I still need to purchase a new distributor and coil. Have any of you other 81 owners ever done this to yours? And did you have any problems doing it ? Will my stock fuel pump be ok with this setup I am proposing to do?
Thx in advance

Old 04-19-2004, 08:05 PM
gravismaximus
Racer

Default Re: 81 conversion (akvette)

i have done it. no problums encounted. a new, carb, distributor, is all you really need to buy. reuse your old hei coil, and yes the stock fuel pump is good enough. that is unless you want some more power, if so replace every thing you can see---- :crazy:
Old 04-19-2004, 08:20 PM
my2crazyeyes
Intermediate

Default Re: 81 conversion (akvette)

I dunno if this is wrong, or if mb the distributor was replaced before I bought the car (it had a different carb already installed), but I just unplugged the distributor from the ECM and everything worked fine(after removing all of the smog equipment).

-Chris

Get notified of new replies

To 81 conversion

Quick Reply: 81 conversion