C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ignition Problems,Can You help Me Hot wire ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 07:19 PM
SLO RDE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition Problems,Can You help Me Hot wire ?

Hey. I took My car to the Brake Shop today and when they went to start it it wouldn't start. I had it towed Home and played with the Neutral safety switch but I can't get it to turn over.I always thought the N.S.S was the problem but now I guess it's a Ignition problem.There's no easy way to fix that and I'm just not up to another summer of stressing over this Car.O.K enough crying,Can I Hook up a button to start the car ? I think connecting a Jumper wire on the Solenoid power to the one beside it with the black wire on it with a starter button in the wire path will do it ?Sorry If this is Confusing I didn't spend a lot of time on it today.If thats not the right way to do it can it be done?Thanks Dale
Old 04-19-2004, 07:35 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: Ignition Problems,Can You help Me Hot wire ? (SLO RDE)

Rather than Bubba the wiring on the car get yourself a volt meter and start seeing where the problem is. Check the neutral switch and see if you are getting 12 volts in and out of the switch. When the ignition is in the on position see if you have 12 volts. Start tracing the wires and get a wiring diagram. To me these are challenging projects. They take time but are satisfying when done right. Don't start butchering up the wiring just yet.

[Modified by Gordonm, 7:36 PM 4/19/2004]
Old 04-19-2004, 07:44 PM
SLO RDE
Instructor

Default Re: Ignition Problems,Can You help Me Hot wire ? (Gordonm)

I only want to "Bubba" the thing because where I come from You can sell a Car that moves for More then a car that doesn't move,Get it? I only want to start it so I can fix the stupid stuff,Sell it and Move on,Thanks.Dale
Old 04-19-2004, 08:52 PM
garandfan
Burning Brakes

CI 5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
Cruise-In 7 Car Show Winner

Default Re: Ignition Problems,Can You help Me Hot wire ? (SLO RDE)

Autozone push button starter switch. Hot wire in 10-12 guage, wire out 12-14 guage to "s" terminal on the starter

Get notified of new replies

To Ignition Problems,Can You help Me Hot wire ?

Quick Reply: Ignition Problems,Can You help Me Hot wire ?