C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electritromotive ignition/fuel injection kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 05:31 PM
Jay M
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Electritromotive ignition/fuel injection kit

http://www.electromotive-inc.com/mpi_kits.html

Has anyone heard of this company or used hteir parts?

I really like the idea of a computer controlled engine. I doubt it will give any more HP, but I'm sure it will drive better and get better gas milage. I drive the car 5 days a week so milage matters!

Will something like this fit under the '68 BB hood? The manifold is tall, but the throttle body is short. Are there any FI manifolds that are short enough?

It's about $3600 for the kit. It would be nice if I could hide the coils in the ignition shield box :)

thanks,
~Jay
Old 04-19-2004, 05:52 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

Default Re: Electritromotive ignition/fuel injection kit (Jay M)

None of the port EFI setups fit under the hood. If you had to get it under the hood you could use a torker II and put a TBI unit on top, but that is probably iffy clearance wise also. Good excuse to get an L-88 hood....

I haven't heard much about the electromotive EFI. I know it is way expensive... I've heard that the ignition piece is pretty but doesn't work well. No first hand experience, though. If you want EFI on a more reaosnable budget, look into the Accell GEN7, Holley commmander 950 and Edelbrock pro-flo. Much less than electromotive and larger installed base.

The Edelbrock has you convert your old distributor (add extra signal pickup). The Holley system uses a standard GM 7 or 8 pin HEI.

Quick Reply: Electritromotive ignition/fuel injection kit