C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

May have to sell...what to ask ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 03:20 PM
motown 71
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May have to sell...what to ask ??

If I dp sell I'd like to know whats a good price.
My 71 t-top is in excellent shape. 350 4spd. windshield frame replace along with new windshield,This car is from AZ. and the frame is simply amazingly clean. The rust on windshield was the top portion. rear wheel bearings & spindles new, fresh paint could use additional wet sanding, front end rebuilt, new springs and shocks up front rear shocks,rebuilt calipers, S.S. sleeve no O-Rings. new cooling componants..alum. water pump, alum. radiator. New Stainless Steel flexable Radiator hoses. New Holly 650 Vac. 2nds. new 94 amp alt. New gaskets....oil pan, fuel pump, timimg chain cover, crank. New Balancer, new starter.
Newer balonies(tires)last year. Everything on this car works, including all fiber optics
I'm just looking for a ballpark # as I don't have any pics to post
Thanks for all your opinions here
:flag
previous owner provided me recipts for engine and tranny rebuild by shop in Tuson AZ. aprox 15k since that rebuild.

[Modified by motown 71, 2:24 PM 4/19/2004]
Old 04-19-2004, 05:56 PM
motown 71
Racer

Default Re: May have to sell...what to ask ?? (motown 71)

Hummm.......no Opinions ??
Old 04-19-2004, 08:07 PM
motown 71
Racer

Daymn........Guess I'll have to give it away eh ?
I thought I'd at least get the ol' "I'll give ya a buck for it :lolg:
Old 04-19-2004, 08:13 PM
WarBound
Intermediate

Hey neighbor...I'm real close to St Clair Shores:)

No response cause maybe nobody wants to see you leave Vette Land and our forum:(

I am new at corvettes...no knowledge on value...I kinda think I got ripped off but oh well, I'm a big boy. Anyway I wouldn't even want to guess at your value since I might unintentionally insult you since I'm clueless on your year and mods:(

Good luck in either event. Hope you don't sell btw :confused:
Old 04-20-2004, 09:35 AM
J R C
Racer

Default Re: May have to sell...what to ask ?? (WarBound)

Because your car isn't yet "finished" it's hard for anyone to give you a price range ... there are several price guides out on the web that could help a bit with a range but most assume that the car is finished. These are only guides as anyone will tell you ... its supply and demand. I did check some of the guides as well as what people were asking before I bought my '74 last year. Looking at NADA retail values ... looks like it runs from about $8K all of the way up to $24K depending on overall condition ... think about how your car fits or doesn't fit into one of these categories, and add your options in, but you'll have to deduct at least what it take to finish the car and then someone would have to be interested in getting it done, probably expecting a significant discount from you because it's not quite finished. The URL is
http://www.collectorcartraderonline....l?buyingguides

Value Explanations

Low Retail Value

This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning. The exterior paint, trim, and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning. May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. Most usable "as-is".

Note: This value does not represent a "parts car".

Average Retail Value

This vehicle would be in good condition overall. It could be an older restoration or a well-maintained original vehicle. Completely operable. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are presentable and serviceable inside and out. A "20-footer".

High Retail Value

This vehicle would be in excellent condition overall. It could be a completely restored or an extremely well maintained original vehicle showing very minimal wear. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are not in need of reconditioning. The interior would be in excellent condition. Note: This value does not represent a "100 Point" or "# 1" vehicle *.

Good Luck!
:chevy

Get notified of new replies

To May have to sell...what to ask ??

Quick Reply: May have to sell...what to ask ??