C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my mystry 79 vette

Old 04-19-2004, 01:39 PM
vettepacecar
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default my mystry 79 vette

i got my 79 form Corvettes of Carslie in 2002, She is white exterior,with doeskin interior, the motor is a 350 with duel quads,and a automatic, I drove the car 500 miles to my home,I went to one show then put it in storage for the winter, Then came Spring of 2003, It was May and started to do some maintance on the shark and found out i couldnt get the motor timed right,So i pulled the motor out of the car and took it apart,found so strange things with the motor, So i decided to put another motor in the car, I got a 350/350hp for Golens engine service. So the engine problem is solved, The next problem i found is the A/c was missing parts,The heater was not working,the radio has only 1 spkr , the rear defogger was inop,So i started to fix the electrial problems with the car ,And when i pulled out the left front carpet, What Did i find ,a CLUTCH PEDAL, now i know the car was a standard car, Next i gave up on the electrial part to start buying the 4 speed parts, I got all the 4 speed parts ,the i went looking for the Z-bar bracket, what did i find , the bracket was bolted on to the frame, I found out that in 1980 vetts had a bolt on bracket, so the frame might be for another car,So then i went looking for the Data plate on the LF pillar, NO DATA plate, I now know that this car is an L82 4 speed car, I dont know what the factory color was or what color the interior was, In a few weeks the 4 speed goes in , then im going to try to fix the electrial problems, then put the A/C back in ,Then Whats Next???? :thumbs:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my mystry 79 vette