C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley pump nozzle w/tubes vs. wo/tubes

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 08:36 PM
SpyderD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Holley pump nozzle w/tubes vs. wo/tubes

Holley accelarator pump nozzles for a 4150 holley (650 DP) come in two varieties - with short brass looking tubes coming out of the shooter tips and without the tubes. At the auto parts store I ordered the with tube variety but after examination of what is in the car I noted the without tube variety is currently on my car.
So what's the difference? Did I make a mistake ordering the tubed variety? Holley catelog at the parts store say they are both for 4150.
Old 04-18-2004, 06:26 AM
Super Stock
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Holley pump nozzle w/tubes vs. wo/tubes (SpyderD)

Either squirter will work.(with or w/o). I kind of like to get the fuel more out in the middle of the air flow but that's just my theory. ( and we all know what they say about theories)
Old 04-18-2004, 08:15 PM
SpyderD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Holley pump nozzle w/tubes vs. wo/tubes (Brent Brooking)

Both seem to aim for the venturi to break up the gas squirt, for better atomozation I guess. Maybe the tubed ones aim the squirt better, who knows. It fit and works good so I am happy, except that the tubed variety cost twice the amount of the tubeless variety. I would like to think I get some added benifit for the extra cost.

Get notified of new replies

To Holley pump nozzle w/tubes vs. wo/tubes

Quick Reply: Holley pump nozzle w/tubes vs. wo/tubes