C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wax Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 10:37 AM
bustatc
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wax Question

What are you guys' opinion on waxing. I have always waxed my cars but a friend told me that it just scratches the paint. I have had my vette for a year and have never waxed it yet. It only goes outside on nice days never in snow or rain. Do you think I should still wax it?
Old 04-16-2004, 10:42 AM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Wax Question (bustatc)

A good close friend of mine was considered the best painter/detailer in the business years ago and he taught me how to wax properly and he waxes right after buffing out a paint job.
I believe in waxing.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:16 AM
thevetterisbetter
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wax Question (norvalwilhelm)

I heard a Brazilian is good, I don't speak from experience though.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:56 PM
stingry
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Default Re: Wax Question (bustatc)

I have always waxed my cars. You don't need to do it every week as I think the repetitive rubbing cannot be good for the car. The key is to make sure the car is CLEAN before you polish. I have seen so many people at car shows pull out some wax and take to a DIRTY car. Wonder how they got scratched paint??????

With my vette I give it a good Meguiars 3 step twice a year after a thorough wash. I then use the cleaning wax, polish wax and then Carnubra High Gloss (steps 1,2,3 on the bottle) or something. Looks great and I usually just wash it once a week for the next few months.

Think of the wax as an extra layer to protect the car from dirt and contaminants. If I spill gas on the wax it wipes off.

Get notified of new replies

To Wax Question

Quick Reply: Wax Question