C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Good news! Promotion and car is coming together!**

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 03:00 PM
Cookwithvette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Good news! Promotion and car is coming together!**

Howdy folks! Lots of stuff has suddenly hit me all at once. Some of it good/ some not so good. But mostly it's good.

I just came in from outside tinkering with the car and whooopy! :hurray: it is running on all 8 again. Turns out (I guess) the #1 plug was fouled. I lightly sanded the electrode and it works fine now.

I also just got a promotion at work. The increase in responsibility is small compared to the increase in pay. My take-home pay will almost double. It comes at a cost though. I'm moving up because Paula, a girl who's been with the club for 14 years has decided to quit. Her last day is today. :sad: The kitchen only has 5 cooks so we're all pretty close and she was such a pleasure to work with it's going to be really strange without her.

ALSO.... next Monday I get to report for jury duty. :banghead: Paula and I were the only ones in the kitchen who know how to run her station. Things could get... interesting.

Even more also I've been starting to wonder if I've been going about this motor the right way. Chevy has updated the RamJet 350. It now has more HP (350) and closed loop operation. Given my apparent lack of talent when it comes to tuning EFI systems this new engine is very appealing. I'm beginning to consider selling the ZZ4, EFI and all and dropping in the RamJet 350. http://www.paceparts.com/product.asp...1=241&3=207359 part number 12499120 They have also dropped the price from $6000 something to $4,895. I know that would be a money-losing trade but I think I'd be happier with that motor.

Anyhow... that's the big update on my life. Hope everyone is doing well! Take care! :cheers:
Old 04-15-2004, 03:25 PM
R. Bruno
Drifting

Default Re: **Good news! Promotion and car is coming together!** (Cookwithvette)

Congratulations! That is a nice motor, but will it fit under the hood?
Old 04-15-2004, 09:57 PM
Cookwithvette
Burning Brakes

Default Re: **Good news! Promotion and car is coming together!** (R. Bruno)

I'm not entirely sure if it will fit. It needs new paint badly so I figure the hood could be mildly glassed when it's in the body shop if it needs it.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:36 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: **Good news! Promotion and car is coming together!** (Cookwithvette)

Congratulations on the promotion and good luck with the Vette.

Around here a promotion ususally means they just laid off three people and now you get to do their jobs as well as your own :lol:
Old 04-16-2004, 01:58 PM
stingry
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

At least there is still good news on the CF!

Turning on the TV can be depressing these days!

Congrats on the promotion.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:24 PM
Cookwithvette
Burning Brakes

Default Re: **Good news! Promotion and car is coming together!** (stingry)

Thanks guys! :cheers:

MotorHead... it's funny you should mention that. I used to kinda be Paula's assistant but now that I'm in her place I don't have anyone to assist me. :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To **Good news! Promotion and car is coming together!**

Quick Reply: **Good news! Promotion and car is coming together!**