C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Allshocks.com and Bilstein

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 05:49 AM
O'Shark
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Allshocks.com and Bilstein

I had a post in Off Topic a few days ago about bubba having installed air-shocks on my '69. It took me 8 months to correct it but the job is done. I replaced the old air shocks with a set of Bilstein HD's (B46-0956) from Allshocks.com. Their price is $74.75 but shipping from NC to IN was $14.62. Still, that's cheaper than $89 at Autozone.

The difference is amazing as you might expect. This car is used as a cruiser/touring car and sees a lot of back country roads. The Bilsteins worked great on the rougher roads and kept the rear tires planted. I took some hard corners and the car stuck like glue. Even the off-camber corners weren't scary like before.

Some hard acceleration showed that the C3 squat is still present and that the car still breaks traction in gears 1-3 :D. Smooth highway driving is very comfortable.

Those who want a really firm ride should probably go up to the next performance level. When I want a rough ride, I drive my C4 :lol: I'm wishing that I had ordered some for the front now.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:36 AM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Allshocks.com and Bilstein (KF9WM's 87 coupe)

Got the Bilsteins too and love em. Just for the record I found the best price at Ecklers. Set of 4 for $240. Its been a couple of years though.

Quick Reply: Allshocks.com and Bilstein