C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

finally got the ''cowl induction ''door to work

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 07:31 PM
carl a
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default finally got the ''cowl induction ''door to work

i havent had the door opening since i started the restoration of the 73 ,,so i ordered a wiring loom from lectric liminited for $16.00-it came with the 2 jacks 1 for the silinoid and 1 on the other end for the harness hook up,, it also came with the correct clips that snap in the 4 holes in the hood rails.. after getting it hooked up, i started her up ,,,put the petal to the (fiberglass)metal and,,,,IT WORKS!!1 AND SOUNDS COOL!!! now im wondering if she will run any better by getting some cool air to the carb(i dont have the correct stiock set up) im running a 670 holly and a chrome air cleaner... its gotta help cuz now its gettin some cool air instead of just hot engine compartment air
Old 04-14-2004, 08:24 PM
thevetterisbetter
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: finally got the ''cowl induction ''door to work (carl a)

Say Carl
What was wrong with it and how did you know it wasn't opening?
Old 04-14-2004, 10:14 PM
carl a
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: finally got the ''cowl induction ''door to work (thevetterisbetter)

when i had the car restored the body man had the hood off to be painted top and bottom,, he removed the wires that open the air door,, at the time i thought those wires were for a under the hood light- after i learned about the cowl induction i remembered those wires and went from there,, getting a new harness, hooking it up and now it works! also when your driving the car you can see the door is shut until you stomp on it then you can see it open up thru the windshield!

[Modified by carl a, 9:16 PM 4/14/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To finally got the ''cowl induction ''door to work

Quick Reply: finally got the ''cowl induction ''door to work