C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Events. . .

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 12:48 PM
79-L-82
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Events. . .

As a new member to the Corvette world, I was wondering what kind of participation some events get? :skep:
For instance, I see 3 events at the NCM that I might be interested in attending.
The Labor Day Celebration, CorvetteForum Cruise In and the C3 Extravaganza. These are all at the NCM.
Approximately how many Vettes are usually there?
Are there many aftermarket and factory vendors there?

What about other events?

Just trying to plan my summer. . . :cool:

[Modified by 79-L-82, 12:48 PM 4/14/2004]

[Modified by 79-L-82, 12:48 PM 4/14/2004]
Old 04-14-2004, 02:16 PM
joeveto
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Corvette Events. . . (79-L-82)

The Cruise-In is a blast. Even if you don't know anyone, by the time you hit the first, nightly beer-bash, you'll know plenty of folks.

My wife and I took the C3 last year. Weren't too many of us. Lots of C5's, then C4's. But I've not met so many cool people, at one time, before. There are a few members, at the NCM. But that's hardly what it's about.

If you are looking for a great swap meet, go to Carlisle in August. That's another good time. The later you go, the better the deals will be. And the auctions are fun to watch, too. I try to mix in a trip to Philly and Pittsburgh, when I go. Breaks up the trip.

If you do the Cruise-In, you have to check out the assembly plant. Very cool. So are the drag races at Beach Bend. If you've never drag raced before, this is a great opportunity to give it a shot. We're all Corvette people, family. So if you whiff or spin a bearing, or whatever. It's not a big deal. You're not going to have some Ricer giving you crap about it.

Hope to see you there.

I can't speak to those other events. I pretty much plan on hitting Carlisle and the Cruise-In.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:13 AM
79-L-82
Racer

Default Re: Corvette Events. . . (joeveto)

Are there any good swap meets in the Louisville area.
Or anywhere closer to KY than Carlisle?
:skep:
Old 04-16-2004, 01:05 PM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Knoxville, TN. Spring and Fall. http://www.corvetteexpo.com

[Modified by markdtn, 12:06 PM 4/16/2004]
Old 04-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Macs73
Instructor

You probably want something close but here are somethings I am doing. There is the '04 Hot Rod Power Tour that concludes in Green Bay WI June 11th. Where it starts don't know or where you could catch the tour?? Anyone? Then you could catch COTI Corvettes on the Isthmus on your way back South June 10th-13th. http://www.corvettesontheisthmus.com/ Then two weeks later there is Bloomington Gold. http://www.bloomingtongold.com/index.php?link=home Those are the Big Events I am doing this year. (1500+ Vettes at COTI and Bloomington.) If you don't want to go that far, I would find local car shows to enter. I do about a half dozen in the summer with the vette. Hope this gave you some ideas for your summer fun.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:59 PM
MEAN72
Racer

:smash: The event threads are hard too read. It woul be very excellent if the title would include an approximate location so us guys could locate something near without reading every one in our area. It is only by chance that I find something I am interested in that is nearby. :beatdeadhorse: Also include a city and STATE as some city names occur in other states, too :( :(
Old 04-18-2004, 12:40 AM
BacaBill
Racer

Default Re: Corvette Events. . . (MEAN72)

Hey 79 - L - 82 >> I just wanted to say thanks for,,, letting me see what my '79 will look like after I get to mounting the front pace spoiler.
Bill A.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Events. . .

Quick Reply: Corvette Events. . .