C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a BIG muffler!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 12:44 AM
love to drive
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a BIG muffler!

I got my GT-42 turbo in today and it has a MASSIVE turbine outlet. 4.8" to be exact. The turbo will be situated on the passenger side between cyls 6 and 8 and I'm thinking about dumping the exhaust behind the pass front tire or perhaps in front of the pass rear tire via a large sidepipe. Now my question is this...does anyone make a 4" or so (no smaller than 3.5") baffle insert or perhaps "muffler" that I would be able to use at the end of my downpipe? I've seen some header collector inserts but never that big. Any suggestions are appreciated. I'm gonna take my time fabbing this system up so things may change. I'm just trying to give myself options.

Thanks for helping complete my never-ending project :crazy:
Old 04-14-2004, 04:51 AM
pillowmeto
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I need a BIG muffler! (love to drive)

they make the side pipe inserts for the 4 inch side pipes and 4 inch race mufflers arent hard to find, id suggest the sprial trap type if your trying to keep it quite. Vortex makes the cone type inserts for collectors that are 4", 4.5" and 5" :eek:
Car chemistry also make inserts for behind collectors that are 4.5"
Flowmaster goes all the way up to a 5" muffler, its thier delta force race muffler.
Dynomax and Borla both make some 4 inch mufflers, but they are the round type, not flowmaster style, but more fart pipe style, but for real cars.
Dynomax even has a 5 inch one

MAtt
Old 04-14-2004, 06:34 PM
love to drive
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I need a BIG muffler! (pillowmeto)

Cool! Thanks for all the ideas. I'll most likely be going with a 4" sidepipe but we'll see.

Get notified of new replies

To I need a BIG muffler!

Quick Reply: I need a BIG muffler!