C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Vacuum Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 07:26 PM
82Powerhouse
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Vacuum Problem

1982 Corvette
350 W/ Edelbrock Carb

I am having a problem with the AC system. When I move the controls from defrost to Vent, etc, nothing changes. I checked and I am not getting any vacuum to the system. I have looked in the Haynes manual that I have for the vette, but it does not show anything on this subject. Does anyone know where the vacuum needs to connect to? I have a vacuum source, but don’t know where to connect it. Any advice would be helpful.

TIA,
CDM
Old 04-11-2004, 11:22 PM
Enad
Racer

Default Re: AC Vacuum Problem (82Powerhouse)

Carl,

I could not find where it is posted so I sent you a copy of the system via email. Are you asking where the vacuum connects on the engine?

Dane
Old 04-12-2004, 12:09 PM
82Powerhouse
Advanced

Default Re: AC Vacuum Problem (Enad)

Yes. I can not find where the vacuum that connects to the console also connects to the engine. If it does. It may connect somewhere else - the compressor. I am very new to the AC system, so I may be way off. I just know that there when I change from defrost to vent or anything, the ducting door does not change at all. It is always in the defrost position.

Let me know if I need to give more info, and I hope what I wrote made since. Sometimes my thinking is different than most. :)
Thanks

[Modified by 82Powerhouse, 5:10 PM 4/12/2004]
Old 04-12-2004, 06:21 PM
Wrencher
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: AC Vacuum Problem (82Powerhouse)

It sounds like the supply hose is disconnected. Look at the rear end of the manifold (is it still a crossfire?) and the supply hose is bundled in with the wiring, I believe. I'm having a senior moment here and can't remember exactly. Basically, your looking for a real small vacuum hose (possibly plastic) that has broken or fallen off the supply fitting. Should make it run better without that leak, too!

Hans

Get notified of new replies

To AC Vacuum Problem

Quick Reply: AC Vacuum Problem