C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heater Switch Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 10:06 AM
micks69
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Heater Switch Help!

I am installing Hot Rod AIr and need a power source. The install manual says to run to fuse block but I would like to use one of the wires that are part of the original heater switch.

Anyone know which of the wires in the 5 wire plug is a swithed (ignition) power source? The unit has its own 30 amp fuse.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:19 PM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Default Re: Heater Switch Help! (micks69)

Mick, on my '75 there was a dark brown wire running with a black ground wire in a quick type black plastic spade connector. They are perpendicular to each other. This is there regardless of whether or not the car had A/C. It's what fed the power to either a single switch IF you didn't have A/C OR it fed the main left thumb wheel switch IF you had A/C, then has another small harness that feeds power from this A/C switch to your blower motor. Should be the same on '73s, I'd guess.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Enad
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Heater Switch Help! (micks69)

Mick,

I can't help on the wire but I sure would appreciate it if you could let me know or post how the installation went. I'm considering doing the same thing.:yesnod:

Dane

[Modified by Enad, 10:54 AM 4/11/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To Heater Switch Help!

Quick Reply: Heater Switch Help!