C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please read, About Indiana Personalized/Vanity License plates

Old 04-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Bill 97 Camaro SS
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please read, About Indiana Personalized/Vanity License plates

Ok so today I got to get the new plates for the SS. I have had SLP SS plates since 99 and I didn’t mind paying the $45-48 a year extra because I like having the personalized plates. Today I am done paying and she hands me the registration after I pay and says “ok your done” I said kind of chuckling “Umm I need my plate” She says “People with personal plates don’t get new plates every year anymore” I then said “I thought that’s why I paid the $48 extra because I got a plate every year?” “I don’t think that is too fair!” then she says ”That’s not my problem” Needless to say my blood pressure went up a few notches and we talked a little…. So here I set at the computer thinking to my self how many other people get personalized plates every year and love to have the plate on the garage wall as I have for the last 5 or so years? Am I the only one pissed about this? I mean if I am paying the fifty bux extra that I thought was because I got the plate every year, what the H3ll is that $50 go to now? I am not very happy about this.

I have listed the link to e mail the IN BMV. If you are like me and think this is a load of BS, please send a note saying that you are not happy about this change!

EDIT! I just got this off the IN BMV web site

[Quote] There is a fee of $48 for the reservation of a Personalized License Plate, state fee $11; local fee $7; political contribution $30.[quote]

Great! Making Politicians richer! BS!!!!!!!

http://www.in.gov/bmv/contact/email.html
Old 04-08-2004, 10:45 PM
79 Midnight Blue L82
Instructor

Default Re: Please read, About Indiana Personalized/Vanity License plates (Bill 97 Camaro SS)

I'm going to renew my Indiana personalized plates tomorrow. This is only my 2nd year of having this plate so I was not expecting a new plate. Get the cool little stickers instead :crazy: . My plate is: 1979 L82

We have to support the politicians whether we want to or not :banghead:
Old 04-08-2004, 11:11 PM
garandfan
Burning Brakes

CI 5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
Cruise-In 7 Car Show Winner

Default Re: Please read, About Indiana Personalized/Vanity License plates (Bill 97 Camaro SS)

Yeh I thought it was BS also!! What really burns me is that this money goes into a seperate fund for the current political parties reelection fund!! That is what burns me, you don't even get to choose what party it goes to.

Frank

[Modified by garandfan, 10:11 PM 4/8/2004]
Old 04-09-2004, 12:08 AM
corvtt1969
Pro

Default Re: Please read, About Indiana Personalized/Vanity License plates (garandfan)

its ten bucks in virginia, and we dont get new plates
Old 04-09-2004, 12:20 AM
72GACRZR
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Here in Georgia, my daughter and I both had personalized plates that you paid $25 for every 5 years, then, about 5-6 years ago the govenor decided that he could raise more revenue by charging the $25 every year. He lost two at the next renewal and we haven't had them since. I put a hobby/antique on the vette.

So I know the exact feeling you have.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:00 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Please read, About Indiana Personalized/Vanity License plates (72GACRZR)

Same price here and all you get is a new little sticker...
Old 04-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Bill 97 Camaro SS
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Please read, About Indiana Personalized/Vanity License plates (Z-man)

Ok let me explain this a little better so the people out of Indiana can understand better..

My regular Plates for the SS, Like if I had 9A6704 would be $86 a year. And with that every year all you get is the sticker. In the past when you got the personalized plates you paid an Additional $48 on top of the $86 and every year you got a new plate. So now I still pay the $48 and don’t get crap and they split the $30 for both sides of the crooks. I still don’t think it is right …

Old 04-14-2004, 03:08 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep - just like here. Every year you get charged the $86, pay the extra $48, keep the same old plate, and all you get is a new sticker...

Times sure change. In CO, in the 50s, 60s, & 70's, not only did you get a new plate each year (with the new year stamped right on it), but they changed the design to a new one each year. People even got to vote on which design they liked best!

:)
Old 04-14-2004, 03:24 PM
stingry
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

This will make you feel better. Back in Australia it costs a LOT of money just to have a personalised plate. It varies by state but is expensive in any case. The prices below are for the Australian Capital Territory (similar to Washington D.C. but in OZ). The following prices are in AUS dollars but even with an exchange rate of .75 you can see how expensive they are. Note that these are one off payments for the plate and it costs $500-$600 per year for registration which includes compulsary third party.

Name - $615
Nick Name - $1857
Business Name - $615
Car Name - $3462

So don't feel so bad. There is always someone worse off. :-)

Here is the link if you don't believe these prices! http://www.rego.act.gov.au/assets/PD...es%20Flyer.pdf
Old 04-14-2004, 03:34 PM
NHvette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Please read, About Indiana Personalized/Vanity License plates (stingry)

We don't get new plates, unless the design changes.
I pay the extra $$ for the little sticker.
I never thought it was worthwhile, but sinjce my wife needs two or three of
her own, I decided I would have one, too.
I was getting tired of driving the car with the plate "KIMME".

You were very lucky to get the plate-a-year while you did.

[Modified by NHvette, 3:35 PM 4/14/2004]
Old 04-14-2004, 04:19 PM
Avette4me
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

We've never gotten a new one....but, I paid $25.00 the first year and $5.00 a year after that...

The $30.00 political "donation" would pizz me off more than anything...

Get notified of new replies

To Please read, About Indiana Personalized/Vanity License plates

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please read, About Indiana Personalized/Vanity License plates