C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric fan shroud ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 02:14 PM
GATOR454
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Electric fan shroud ?

I'm looking into getting electric fans and I'm considering either 2 dual 12" fans from a mid 90's Camaro or a dual 12" setup from a C5 vette.

The Camaro fans do not have a shroud and the Vette fans do. Is the shroud neccessary? Would the radiator cool better at speed without the restriction of the shroud? Or would it run too hot in traffic without one?
Old 04-08-2004, 05:12 PM
R. Bruno
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Electric fan shroud ? (GATOR454)

Not sure about those fans but I can tell you that I am replacing dual flex-ilites which have a shroud (which are overwhelmed on hot days especially on the highway) with dual spals which I have not yet installed. The Spals have a shroud, but the first thing I noticed was that they have flaps on the shroud which would open if air was blowing against the shroud, such as would happen on the highway. Do they know something that the Flex-i-lites don't? :confused:
Old 04-08-2004, 05:24 PM
pws69
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: Electric fan shroud ? (R. Bruno)

Not sure about those fans but I can tell you that I am replacing dual flex-ilites which have a shroud (which are overwhelmed on hot days especially on the highway) with dual spals which I have not yet installed. The Spals have a shroud, but the first thing I noticed was that they have flaps on the shroud which would open if air was blowing against the shroud, such as would happen on the highway. Do they know something that the Flex-i-lites don't? :confused:
Yes, they do - and that's why they are better!
Old 04-08-2004, 09:43 PM
R. Bruno
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Electric fan shroud ? (pws69)

Yes, they do - and that's why they are better!
[/QUOTE]

THat is what I am hoping and why I bought them before it gets hot! :yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To Electric fan shroud ?

Quick Reply: Electric fan shroud ?