C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 05:27 PM
Boofers
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: AC Wiring (wgc_3)

Well nobody else is touching this one so here we go with some wiring hints...

Beware the Chilton & Haynes manuals. A lot of the times the diagrams will say "Wiring for most years similar to the above diagram" which means you can't always trust them 100%.

Make good connections - electrical contact surfaces should be shiny and free of dirt & rust. Use a file or sandpaper to make it so. Any bolts/screws holding on electric connections should be tight. Any electrical connectors should have nice clean pins & sockets.

When connecting two wires together don't just twist & electric tape the connection. Those crimp connectors are ok so long as you don't have any of the wire conductor exposed outside of the plastic of the crimp connector. Personally I prefer to solder my wires together and heat shrink the solder joint but I am a bit **** when it comes to my wiring.

Don't leave your wires dangling around too much. Secure them down with wire ties, etc. A vibrating wire that rubs against a sharp surface could eventually wear through the insulation and cause you all kinds of headaches in the future, not to mention the possibility of starting a fire in your car.

Keep a record of every wire you hook up including where you routed each wire, the color, etc.

Did you try tech@painlessperformance.com ?

Have fun, good luck. :cheers:
Old 04-08-2004, 11:15 PM
wgc_3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Wiring

I changed out my wiring harness with a Painless 18 ciruit trunk harness, but I don't have a clue on how to wire for the AC, does anyone know of an AC shop in the Dallas area, or someone good with wiring that would be willing, to help with it, or to shoot me some hints?

Quick Reply: AC Wiring