C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First buzz, then nothing! Electric lock wiring.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 09:28 PM
pik
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First buzz, then nothing! Electric lock wiring.

Greetings all,
I replaced the switches and recepticles for the electric door loacks. When I tried the passenger side switch, I heard some electrical buzz then the fuse went. I replaced the fuse, and tried the drivers door switch....both doorlocks work fine. I went back to the passenger side and tried the switch again...NOTHING. No fuse pop, no hiss, nothing. It seems to me that because both locks cycle from the drivers side, the problem is in the wiring to the passenger switch or the switch itself. I get continuity between the common/power pin and the two below it as I cycle the switch on/off. I am confused as to why I am not blowing the fuse again from the passenger side switch. I plan to switch switches tomorrow, ie see if the passenger switch functions on the drivers side. Any help/ insight/ advice? If the open/close wires are reversed when hooked up the switch could I burn up the switch?
Cheers
Andy :confused:

Quick Reply: First buzz, then nothing! Electric lock wiring.